Women's Black 22 Foundation Bib Shorts
We believe the foundation of any good piece of cycling kit is comfort. So we’ve created a collection that puts comfort at its core. The culmination of almost three years of research and development, this collection has become a trusted go-to for multi day endurance athletes and casual cafe spinners alike. Expertly tailored to be comfortably close fitting, these cycling wardrobe staples really are the perfect all-rounders.
“Our shorts and bib shorts are the real star of the Foundation Collection. Each set is made with our custom women’s chamois pad, which has been carefully developed to provide pelvic support and relieve common female pressure points which tend to build and cause discomfort on longer rides. The fabric of the shorts also offers just the right amount of stretch and compressive support. They're designed to gently hug your body, reducing friction caused by micro-movements that can often cause discomfort over time. Not to mention, they feel great when you pull them on. Our Black 22 Foundation Bib Shorts are finished with an open back design to aid heat regulation.”
Emily Childs, Managing Director and Head of Women’s Product Development at Attacus
Features & Fabric
- Close-fitting black bib shorts made with technical Italian fabric perfectly designed to move and stretch with your body
- Our 'Black 22' bibs a new open-back bib strap design for increased breathability. All other aspects of the Foundation Bib Shorts are the same.
- Fabric offers light, compressive support to help reduce friction as you pedal, which can cause discomfort over time
- Made with our signature women’s Foundation chamois pad - Developed for all-day comfort, this endurance-focused pad is made from fine layers of perforated high density foam which offer fantastic cushioned support, heat regulation and antibacterial protection
- Minimal flatlock seams for maximum comfort
- Laser-cut soft silicone grippers
- Soft mesh bib straps tailored so you’ll stay chafe-free
- 100% pre-dyed fabric means they’ll stay crisp, matte black - even when stretched and after a season of washes
- All of our women's garments are designed, tested and tailored by a team of experienced female cyclists and clothing experts, including our own Attacus Co-Founder, so you can trust you're buying products developed specifically for female-focused comfort and fit
- Main fabric: 80% polymide, 20% spandex
- Mesh bib: 75% polymide, 25% spandex
- Made in Italy
The Foundation chamois pad
Never underestimate the importance of a good chamois. It could literally make or break your ride.
At Attacus, we’ve always believed that the key to any good piece of cycling clothing is one that feels as comfortable and supportive after 24 hours as it does after just one. It’s why all of our Foundation shorts and bib shorts are fitted with our custom women's Foundation chamois pads - a top of the range endurance-focused pad developed to deliver all-day support.
Designed in collaboration with one of the world’s leading chamois manufacturers, Cytech Elastic Interface, this pad is the culmination of months of research and testing led by female riders, including our own Co-Founder and Head of Women’s Product Development. Designed to relieve common female pelvic pressure points which we identified can cause discomfort on longer rides, the pad is constructed from fine layers of high density foam which provide lasting cushioned support. It’s what makes the shorts perfect for epic adventures, as well as shorter days on the road. Meanwhile its neutral, single width not only offers a more anatomical fit, but makes it compatible with virtually any saddle.
It's this commitment to comfort that means our shorts and tights are now trusted by female athletes who have taken on some of the world's toughest tests of endurance - including the entire route of the Tour de France.
Made from recycled materials, this eco-friendly pad is also woven together with yarns that have antibacterial properties, providing better protection for multi day activities. It’s even perforated to speed drying times.
Seriously, it’s a dream to sit on.
Find out more about the research and development that went into creating our Foundation Collection.
The technical fabrics in this jersey are designed for movement, and will naturally stretch. It's why you may find you fit into more than one size bracket. So to help you find the best fit for you, we recommend you follow the steps below.
HOW TO MEASURE UP
LOW HIP: Start by measuring your hips all the way around at the fullest part, using the guide above as a reference. Then use this number to see which size options you fall into from our size chart below.
INSIDE LEG LENGTH: The leg length of the shorts is displayed below. Use the leg length number to work out how each size will fit on you, and make sure you're happy with the length. To get an accurate gauge of leg length, start from the highest point of your in-seam and measure downward.
FIT: Do you fall into more than one size bracket? Then we'd recommend considering how you want your kit to fit. Do you like it close fitting? Or prefer it a little looser? Make sure your chosen size selection reflects how you like to wear it.
STILL IN DOUBT? GET IN TOUCH: If you're still unsure, email us on email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist you. We'll always start by asking if you've measured yourself and where your measurements put you on our size chart, so it's definitely worth doing this first. We may then be able to offer a bit of extra guidance on how it'll fit.
|Low Hip||89 - 94||95 - 99||100 - 104||105 - 109||110 - 114||115 - 119|
|Inside Leg Length||20||21||21.5||22.5||23.5||24.5|
|Low Hip||35 - 37||37 - 39||39 - 41||41 - 43||43 - 45||45 - 47|
|Inside Leg Length||8||8||8.5||9||9||9.5|
While we do our best to accurately display the true colours of our garments in all photography on our website, sometimes the actual colour may vary in real life. This is because every computer/phone monitor has a different capability to display colours, and that everyone sees these colours differently.