Right guys, where to start...
You see, this blog post was meant to be the one telling you all about our big plans for Spring/Summer 2020. But, as we're learning over these past few challenging months, even the best laid plans go down the toilet when you're faced with a global pandemic.
We’d lined up a whole host of new clobber to release this season – from restocked lines to fresh colourways and Special Edition designs of our best-selling kit, as well as some totally new garments and accessories. We planned to release them over a series of monthly 'drops', with the first landing this week.
But as you may know our kit is produced in Italy, and things aren't too great there at the moment. The amazing team at our factory have been doing everything they can to safely get our first batch of clothing to us on time – working at reduced capacity under lockdown for the past month. But as of this week the Italian government has ordered the closure of all non-essential companies, meaning our kit has literally been halted midway through production. *Update: Our factory was reopened as of 04.05.20 and our team are now working to finish production.
Our priority is that everyone involved in making our garments stays safe and well, and follows government advice to help stop the spread of COVID-19. If that means delays on our end, well we'll have to roll with the punches, crack on with plan B (more on that below) and hope we're still here to tell the tale on the other side of all this.
To all of you who have supported and continue to support us over the past five years, to those who continually cause us to sell out within a few months of launching new lines, and those who have waited with great patience for us to restock, we just want to say a massive thank you. You literally are the heart and soul of our business. Stay safe and look out for each other.
Jimmi & Emily
. . .
PLAN B: HERE'S WHAT'S COMING
Unusual times call for creative solutions, right? So, our new game plan is to launch the first of our SS20 kit drops as a pre-order with an indefinite delivery time. This means you can secure your kit now, and we'll send it out as soon as we're able to.
Here's how it'll work:
- On launch day, we'll add the stock we currently have in production to our website where it can be purchased as normal.
- As usual, members of our mailing list will receive an email telling them exactly when our new products will go live for pre-order. They'll then have 24 hours to browse and buy their sizes before we announce it's live to the general public. So if you're not part of our mailing list, now's the time to sign up.
- You'll then receive your order once our factory is back open and able to produce it.
Currently factories in Italy have been ordered to remain closed until May 4, at which point the situation will be reviewed. As it stands, we're forecasting that kit could arrive around late May, although the situation is ever changing so we're unable to give any exact, accurate timings.
We hope you understand and can hold out a little on receiving your kit, we promise it'll be worth it and you'll look proper dope on your Zwift group ride.
Want more info about how it'll all work, check out our pre-order FAQs.
. . .
We'll be announcing pre-order launch via our mailing list very soon. In the meantime, here's a taste of what we have in store for our first drop...
THE FOUNDATION COLLECTION IS GROWING
Developed for all-day comfort and now a trusted go-to for multi day endurance athletes and casual cafe spinners alike, our Foundation Collection is expanding.
Expect restocked bib shorts, vests and jerseys, plus some fresh new jersey colourways - and the first in a series of Special Edition kit sets we have planned for the year.
SPECIAL EDITION RELEASE ONE
This Special Edition kit set offers something a little different to our core colours. Expect a matching Foundation jersey, vest, cap and (new product alert!) summer base layer, each featuring a unique, hand-drawn graphic design. Stock will be limited.
PRE-ORDER OPENS SOON
. . .
Our UK office is currently still operating, so once we have kit in hand we'll be able to ship it out to you at the usual speed, provided postal services continue to operate as normal.
We’ve also put some extra measures in place within our UK office to ensure the safety of ourselves, our customers and the wider community:
- Our office is currently on lockdown to all but essential staff.
- We’ve introduced daily cleaning of our packing station and wear a mask and gloves when handling and packing orders.
- The World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention both say there’s currently no evidence to support the transmission of COVID-19 with goods shipped from any area. However, just for a bit of extra peace of mind, we’re storing any new stock we receive for 48 hours before it is handled, packaged and posted out.